29 December 2007

Sweet roast pumpkin

I had more than half a pumpkin left from making the pumpkin and hazelnut cake. I was inspired by labelga's 19 December post of an oven-baked pumpkin cup and I also remembered a dish my friend K once prepared as part of a Jamaican meal: sweet potatoes baked with rum and butter.

So I invented this dessert:

I greased an oven dish with sunflower oil, added the pumpkin half and a few more pumpkin wedges, added a few broken cinnamon sticks on top and sprinkled a bit of sugar and quite a bit of rum over the pumpkin. I baked this in the oven at 200°C for around 40 min, until the pumpkin was really tender.


It tasted delicious. I was out of butter, but I think that would be a nice addition.
You can eat it just like this. Maybe vanilla ice cream would go well with it.

This is Babette's duck, which really does change colour when it gets hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mm, with rum! I'd like to try that.

mamamia said...

yummy tummy!
Heerlijke recepten zijn dit toch. Lees maar bij mijn goede voornemens dat ik niet alleen foto's blog van heerlijks, maar ook beloof om de recepten online te zetten. Voor wie dan ook...
xxx
Happy New Year, Happy Pumpkin!!