18 December 2007

Christmas market

Met up with my colleagues to go to the Christmas market. It's next door to me but I hadn't properly visited yet, although I've already taken a ride in the fancy new big wheel followed by an ice cream at old favourite Comus & Gasterea.

It's becoming tradition to have fish soup at fishmonger De Noordzee


Some of us chose other fare

Were they pregnant by any chance?

Another tradition is having a real German sausage, nibbled at at both ends

and a 'jenever' goes down well after that.

After the market I needed some spices, so we popped into Desmecht, a fabulous shop with a room at the back which only has drawers with herbs and spices.

After this fun intermezzo I went back to my apartment which I've started renovating.

I'm a total wreck after only 2 days of manual labour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent posts! Glad to read up on your city haunts and adventures, and see the shoes after your dusty labor(!)

Anonymous said...

coocoo :-) what did you buy there? Do they have vanilla?

Oleandri said...

I didn't buy anything, but my colleagues bought cuberdons/neuzen, and they tasted delicious! We didn't loiter at the stands from Réunion, where they might have the vanilla - somehow not inspiring in this weather ;-)