25 December 2007

Aromatic Christmas

At my third dinner (in as many days) we had takeaway lobster

accompanied by a simple vegetable soup - the picture isn't great but the soup was delicious.

My mum grew lots of herbs in Italy and dried them, and decided to distribute them to her children for Christmas.

This was my share: verveine, citronelle, tilleul, basilic, sarriette, peperoncini, rosemary, fennel seeds, oregano, bay leaves and sage.

And because this is a sentimental season, I include a picture of my mum's dog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! You managed the picture in your profile, looks very good.

Oleandri said...

yeah, finally discovered how it works ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your spices and blinis got me inspired..

mamamia said...

MMMMM looking good!
Do you have spices to recover from X-mas INTOXICATION????
Or alcoholic drinks maybe?

Oleandri said...

I'm not sure they are included in this selection but I could do with some, definitely. Maybe verveine is good.