08 May 2007

Ricotta artichoke pepper and bacon tart

Finally I'm back to blogging. But without recipes for the time being.
Yesterday I made this tart. I bought a pastry, spread it in a baking dish, spread some ricotta on top, then added yellow pepper; small, young artichokes - which my mother brought from her garden; she told me Italians eat them raw like that but I preferred to bake them - one shallot; some smoked bacon - all of this finely chopped -, a little olive oil and pepper & salt.
I baked this for 30 min in the oven at 200°C.

Today I also made a simple soup: onion, shallot, carrots, leek and potato, according to my basic soup recipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oleandi, what great posts! I like the seuence of many pictures with small comments. The bluebell pics are stunning, magic. Wish you were here to share the wealth of food I am seeing.