11 May 2007

Broccoli, potato & sweet potato all' acciuga

Italians often prepare broccoli or cauliflower with anchovy and garlic. I added normal and sweet potato.

Serves 2

small sprig of broccoli, cleaned and chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1-2 tbsp breadcrumbs
4 anchovy fillets (from a tin), chopped
olive oil
pepper & salt
lemon juice

Steam broccoli and potatoes until just cooked.
Stirfry garlic, anchovy and breadcrumbs in olive oil for a few min.
Add steamed vegetables, pepper and just a little salt and cook on low heat for 5 min.
Sprinkle some lemon juice over the dish and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love anchovy and I lmike the colorful addition. Nice pic. Wish you were here! I made some pics of produce I wish you could see, not only red beets, but yellow ones too. A cook's mecca.