13 May 2007

Fish curry

For mother's day my cousin and me invited our mothers over for lunch, together with our brothers and sister.

My cousin made a mozzarella and tomato salad which I forgot to photograph. She made a delicious sauce to go with it: she fried pine nuts in olive oil and added soy sauce in the end.

I made a fish curry, from a simple recipe that someone gave me years ago. You can get most of the ingredients in an oriental supermarket. Taste the dish to adjust the quantities.


Serves 4

1 can of coconut milk (400 ml)
same amount of water
800 g fish fillet, cut in pieces (I used haddock)
lime/bergamot leaves
fish sauce
thai basil leaves
fresh coriander, washed and chopped
thai aubergines
1,5 tbsp cane sugar
juice of 1-2 limes
1 tbsp green curry paste
2 onions, chopped
sunflower oil or butter

Fry onion in curry paste in sunflower oil or butter.
Add everything else, bring to the boil and let the dish simmer for 15 min.
Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.

I served this with (Tilda) basmati rice.

My mother brought beautiful flowers from her garden.


For dessert we had strawberries of course

with vanilla ice cream


and tiramisu. My mother made it and my cousin B. grated the chocolate on top. As you can see, he got fed up in the end ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to cook for mother's day, a big thing here. Sounds yummy, and the fish looks good. Nice pics!