02 March 2009

Pancakes

I have a legendary pancake recipe, which I got from a cooking course at school when I was 10 years old. I still have the original piece of paper on which I wrote it down. It's a bit worn, so now I want to preserve the recipe here. No pics - but you know what pancakes look like ;-)

500 g flour
5 eggs
1,1 l milk
2 tbsp sugar
2 packets vanilla sugar
butter
pinch of salt

Heat 1 dl milk, 1 big tbsp butter, 2 tbsp sugar, and vanilla sugar, until the butter is molten.
Add 1 l cold milk to this.
Whisk the eggs and add them to the milk mixture.
Mix flour and salt and add eggs and milk. Add some water if the mixture is too thick.
You can let the dough stand for a bit and then it's ready for baking.

Notes
For the quantities: 3 eggs serve 4 people.
You can sieve the flour beforehand if you like.

2 comments:

João Paulo Pedrosa said...

Esta eu já experimentei e é deveras a melhor de todas. Já faz parte do meu livro de receitas há muitos anos!

Oleandri said...

Obrigada. Havia muito tempo que não fiz panquecas, mas agora com duas crianças na minha família, já voltei a fazer ;-)