05 May 2008

Eurasian dinner party

On Saturday I was invited for a party. When I arrived the table was already filled with goodies,

a small hand was tucking into Asian rice snacks,

and from the window we could check out one of the pretty squares in Brussels.


Meanwhile rice was being prepared

as well as potatoes.

A bowl was filled with Asian fruit

and the chicken got a finishing touch.


My plate looked like this:

I admit I had several helpings.

And then it was time for dessert: pears stewed in port wine

were covered in chocolate sauce

a strange Asian fruit was added (the name I remember is dju dju, which is actually a swear word in Flemish)

and this was served with ice cream, cookies and a mint leaf.

Hail to the cooks R and F for this feast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Several helpings?! Eh! I admit this all looks good...

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Nick C at Grand place.

Oleandri said...

shouldn't we keep that for your new initiative about Brussels?