15 November 2007

Vive le roi!

I'm not really a royalist, although I don't like this idea of splitting our small country up.
But today I like our monarchy, because as a public servant I get a day off for the celebration of our royal dynasty ;-)

Days like this give one the occasion to meet up with old friends, have coffee on the heated terrace of Hotel Mêtropole in the last sunshine and watch the passersby, buy beautiful gloves at an oldfashioned glove shop in Galerie de la Reine,


buy speculoos at Dandoy, in anticipation of Sinterklaas on Dec. 6, and stop at Le Cirio, a Brussels institution

where you must have half-en-half, a Brussels speciality which is a mix of white wine and sparkling wine,


and pick up a book at Passa Porta, a favourite bookshop.

And sometimes, on days like this, you get really lucky and already receive beautiful roses for your birthday, weeks in advance. Thanks N!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gloves! What a great post to read and look at, we're also getting a little envious of the fun day you had out and about in Brussels.

Oleandri said...

When you'll have some time to spare, I'll be happy to trample (?) around Bxl together in the same way, and perhaps take you to the glove shop ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've just the new idea for that! I made a cross link, too.