15 March 2007

Vegetable festival

Today I didn't cook anything special but I'm just blogging for the fun of it ;-)
I had yesterday's sweet potato and parsnip soup and a salad of grated (raw) carrot and (boiled) red beetroot, seasoned with pepper, salt, gomasio, lemon juice, olive oil and a little yoghurt.


I also made a pasta with leek, garlic and bacon which I fried in olive oil, and to which I added steamed broccoli. When I was a student my mother bought me a steaming pan with several levels, which I still have and find very handy. So I boiled the pasta in the water and meanwhile steamed the broccoli on top of it.
A simple meal like this can taste real good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quick posts are the best. I like that title, vegetable festival! Lovely pics, esp the minestrone and pasta make you hungry. The salad with cooked beet is worth trying in the coming weeks. I'm making your fennel-broccoli soup tonight. It's in the 15' category.