17 April 2009

Tiramisu

I cooked another lunch at my new appartment, for starters we had another beef broth and as a main course chicken couscous according to Claudia Roden, served with raisins and chick peas in separate dishes.

For dessert I made tiramisu, a special version without eggs. I got the recipe from Annabel at PicNik, a great place for tasty vegetarian lunches.

Tiramisu, version 1 - serves 10

1 packet of boudoir biscuits (Delhaize)
1 packet of Lotus speculoos
1 small pot of coffee
500 gr mascarpone
400 ml whipping cream
10 tbsp sugar
1,5 tbsp spirit e.g. grappa, rum
1 tbsp cocoa powder

Whisk cream until stiff, mix it delicately with mascarpone, sugar and spirit.
Pour coffee in a deep plate, quickly turn over the boudoir biscuits in it and fill the bottom of a dish with the biscuits.
Add cream mixture.
Dip only 1 side of speculoos biscuits in the plate with coffee and put them on top of the cream.
Add another cream layer.
Sprinkle with cocoa powder just before serving.

Note: I used apricot pálinka as spirit, which I brought from Hungary. It went very well in this dish.
For my own reference: I used my largest oven dish.

Before I always used a Tuscan recipe which my mother got in Italy.

Tira Missou, version 2 - serves 10

3 packets of cuiller biscuits (3 x 100 gr = 300 gr)
1 small pot of coffee
500 gr mascarpone
5 eggs
10 tbsp sugar
1,5 tbsp spirit
cocoa powder

Add egg yolks and sugar to mascarpone. Whisk egg whites and add them to the mixture, then add spirit.
Turn cuiller biscuits over in coffee, put them in dish. Cover with mascarpone mixture. Alternate more layers of biscuits and mixture, ending with mixture.
Sprinkle cocoa powder over dish before serving.

I'll add a picture if I can find it. As a nomad between appartments, I guess it must be on another computer.

No comments: