11 July 2008

Apple crumble

Recently I tasted a special crumble, made with speculoos, which worked quite well. I was asked for my own recipe and apparentely I haven't posted it yet. So here comes my friend K's delicious recipe, without picture because I haven't made it in a while.

Serves 6

6 apples
200 g dried raisins (or raspberries)
125 g butter
250 g flour
75 g light brown sugar
25 g dark brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix flour and butter, then add sugar.
Peel apples, remove core and cut them into pieces.
Grease an oven dish with butter, add a layer of apples, then raisins and cinnamon, and repeat.
Sprinkle the pastry on top.
Bake for 30 min at 200°C.

My addition is to soak the raisins in rum before adding them.
Of course this tastes great with vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how would the one wit speculoos work? I was thinking of making a crumble for my oven roasted fruit. Made that again this weekend (third time in a week).