06 March 2008

Carrottes Gilbert

Recently I tasted a special dish: stuffed carrots, prepared according to Gilbert's recipe. Gilbert is from the French Pyrénees and got this recipe from his grandmother.

He prepared the dish in Indonesia, where the recipe was copied into a travel notebook.

And then the dish was prepared in Belgium, and the recipe got copied again, so it might appear on a familiar blog one day.

You need to pick enormous carrots, and it's a hell of a job to remove the insides.
Special tools were used and great concentration was required.

A Belgian touch was added in the sauce with a speciality beer (Postel).
The result was delicious.
A tiny observer agreed totally.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I dread the carrot work already... eating is much simpler :-)

mamamia said...

Waaah, stuffed carrots!
I didn't have the patience to stuff my red peppers so I ate the stuffing first and the peppers afterwards. Grrr when I'm hungry...
Please post the notebook recipe please please

Oleandri said...

I'm afraid it's not in my hands

Unknown said...

Very nice blog, by the way, i made a little mistake on the quantity of minced meat used, you will need double the figure i gave, many greetings, Paulus.

Oleandri said...

Thx! I will let Aagje know about the quantity.

Unknown said...

Such a "feel-good" blog with really nice food pictures! And i must admit, i'm very curious for your soups! Enjoy the cooking!

Oleandri said...

Thx Erika! Maybe with Aagje we can organise a soup event ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oleandri, I know one thing for sure: we'll have a loooong shopping list for August. And we'll do lots of preplanning.

Stella said...

I can't wait to eat away this summer...I need to lose all my pregnancy weight just so that I won't explode. I am looking forward to delicious larb gai, some bellinis, a waffle and crepe here and of course, lots and lots of bubbly.