28 January 2007

Biologists' dinner


With 4 fellow biology students we started to have dinners together over 10 years ago. The hostess would prepare the main course and the others would bring starters, dessert and drinks. Even though some of us lived abroad for 1-2 years, we managed to keep up the tradition. Recently we've started cooking together in stead of each preparing her own stuff. Today we were on again.


For starters we had a delicious salad with rucola, pomegranate seeds, cucumber and parmezan, with a dressing made from pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. After that we had an enormous baked dish with fish, leek, onions, garlic and sour cream. The dessert was an Italian rice tart with apples.


Needless to say that after this meal we could do with a little walk in the countryside for digestion!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! Hopefuly more of joint cooking are to come. Really a beautiful salad, and I wouldn't mind getting the recipe of the rice tart.

Anonymous said...

Did you show them your blogspot?

Oleandri said...

Yes I've sent them the link for my blog. I was thinking of setting up a special blog for our biologist's dinners so that we could keep track of what we ate when and who was there and so that each of us could post her recipe. But they are not very blog-minded...yet.
I'll see if I can get hold of the rice tart recipe.

Anonymous said...

The side blog is a good idea! Perhaps they will get into it looking and reading about yours. I really like postings about entire meals.

hild said...

I'm serving this great-looking salad to 5 girls tonight. I'll keep you posted on their reactions...

Oleandri said...

Ok let me know!